Friday, February 9, 2007

This Lil' Dude Can RUN!


Originally posted: May 11, 2006



This is crazy! A 4-year-old Indian boy, dubbed "India's Forrest Gump", ran 40 miles!!! What??? I didn't even know 4-year-olds had the motor skills to run for more than 50 yards! Budhia Singh, who was nearly sold into slavery by his impoverished mother, was supposed to run 43 miles, but doctors stopped him at 40 miles when he showed signs of severe exhaustion. (Wimp.) A sports coach "discovered" Budhia when he trespassed onto a sports field and was instructed to run laps as punishment. And Budhia ran... and ran... and ran... and ran... He truly is India's Forrest Gump, no?
I'm just glad Budhia and I don't go to the same gym, because I'd get really self-conscious when I'm doing my 5 minutes running/1 minute walking intervals and huffing and puffing...
Joanna

No comments: