Friday, February 9, 2007

Chuck Norris, Thief of My Heart


Originally posted: May 24, 2006


Inspired by Jessie's last post, I would like to direct you jazzers in the direction of Chuck Norris's (totally awesome... and I mean that in the biblical sense... like... it truly inspirse awe) official website. Chuck Norris and I go way back. My family used to gather round and watch "Walker, Texas Ranger" as a bonding activity, and thus began my love affair with Chuck. After exploring Chuck's website, I've really developed a new respect for him. This man is nothing if not hard-working, he's clearly dedicated to his fans, and no one could argue with his personal Code of Ethics.


Things that are jazz-worth of this site include (but are not limited to):


The bitchin' graphics


The audio intro with a personal greeting from Chuck himselfThe "Farewell to Walker" letter, explaining Chuck's reasons behind ending the series (And yes, it does involve likening the decision to his reign as a martial arts champ)


The shopping section


Chuck's Code of Ethics ... okay I can't resist. I need to list them all out:
- I will develop myself to the maximum of my potential in all ways.
- I will forget the mistakes of the past and press on to greater achievements.
- I will always be in a positive frame of mind and convey this feeling to every person that I meet.
- I will continually work at developing love, happiness, and loyalty in my family and acknowledge that no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
- I will work for the good in all people and make them feel worthwhile.
- If I have nothing good to say about a person, I will say nothing.
- I will give so much time to the improvement of myself that I will have no time to criticize others.
- I will always be as enthusiastic about the success of others as I am about my own.
- I will maintain an attitude of open-mindedness toward another person's viewpoint while still holding fast to what I know to be true and honest.
- I will maintain respect for those in authority and demonstrate this respect at all times.
- I will always remain loyal to God, my country, my family, and my friends.
- I will remain highly goal-oriented throughout my life because that positive attitude helps my family, my country, and myself.



Ladies and Gents, let's all raise a glass to Chuck Norris, an American hero.



Joanna


No comments: