Friday, February 9, 2007

T.G.I. Brilliant but Cancelled


Originally posted: May 25, 2006

Honesty hurts, X-tina, but looks like Bravo's got you beat when it comes to knowing exactly what a girl wants. Because what this (and I imagine every) girl wants for Memorial Day weekend is more Jason Bateman, and for once, just once, I'm finally getting what I want.


Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, May 25-27, Bravo will screen never-aired episodes of NBC's 2003 series, The Jake Effect, starring Jason Bateman, as part of their series, "Brilliant but Cancelled." Seven episodes of The Jake Effect were produced but, as per usual, the media moguls underestimated America's capacity for digesting good television and cancelled the series before it even aired. But who had the last laugh? Bateman of course went on to star in the acclaimed Fox series "Arrested Development," which garnered an intensely loyal cult following and then...also...got cancelled in its prime. Hm.


Anyway, ready set Tivo! I have a feeling I already know what Jake's effect on me is going to be.
...in bed.


If you know what I mean.


Jessie

No comments: