Friday, February 9, 2007

Comics are Hilarious


Originally posted: May 5, 2006


When I was a wee lass, I used to love reading the comics in the morning. I think I thought they were genuinely funny. I enjoyed following the family joys and disappointments of "For Better or For Worse" (and was shocked! shocked! as April got older... so quickly they grow!). I also really enjoyed feeling that, as a kid, I was getting "grown up" jokes (Think: Cathy). But then my interest waned, and comics fell off my radar.


And then I rediscovered the comics page of the newspaper. Oh. My. God. I couldn't stop laughing out loud! The jokes are so simple and palatable! The scenarios so sweet! The husband-wife dynamics so classic! They take 5 seconds to read! What is not to love???
(Oh, but I will never be able to get into the sort-of-serious comics, like Mary Worth or Rex Morgan, MD. Bo-ring!)


Joanna

No comments: